There's a Penguin in My Fridge!


I wish it was that simple. Just open the refrigerator door one day and there's the penguin cake, nestled in with the carrot juice and yogurt. 

Actually, I'm kinda glad it didn't magically appear in my fridge.  It was really fun to make and I learned a few valuable lessons.  One, it takes a LOT of black food coloring to turn white frosting to a true black which, in turn, gives the goers gooey purple tongues.  Two, working with fondant is not nearly as tricky as I thought it would be. It's quite a forgiving meduim (but it tastes disgusting). 



He's five layers of 8-inch white cakes with black buttercream frosting and fondant face, tummy, and nose.  I totally copied a photo that I found on Flickr - so a huge thank you to "jenifah007" for sharing her genius and inspiring me!


Comments